Skip To Main Content


How do I register my child?

The first step is to stop into the school office to pick up a registration packet. Please bring three proof of residency forms (lease or property tax Bill, drivers license, utility bill), the original birth certificate, any information from the previous school if applicable, and if transferring schools, the Illinois Student Transfer form. Parents that are NEW homeowners, please bring the Bill of Sale (closing papers). Once residency has been established, students can start school 24 hours after all the necessary registration documents are completed and submitted.

What are school hours?

On the main page, click the clock icon to see school contact information and dismissal times.

Where can I find information on school fees?

Student fees are posted on the website under the FAMILIES header. Registered families can access this information on Skyward Family Access.

Where are school forms and documentation?

Important school forms can be downloaded from the files and documents section of the home popular links.

Where can I find lunch menus?

You can go to each school’s website and find the lunch menu under the FAMILIES header of the website.

Where can I find bus schedules?

You can find a current under the FAMILIES header or popular links of the website.

How do I report my student absent?

Call attendance line prior to the start of school at:
Lace 630-810-8946
DeLay 630-810-8966
EJH 630-964-5200

How can I find out when there is no school or half days or dismissal times?

The year at a glance can be found (highlighted) atop the calendar page. Alternatively, on the calendar page, click the customize button to display desired categories. You can find the calendar page by clicking the calendar icon at the very top of the site.

How can I sign up to get District notifications?

The district's notification system will connect with parent/guardian via email or phone. During student registration parent/guardian contact information is collected . You can request to make changes to your contact information via Skyward Family Access or contact your school office.

What time does the school get out on School Improvement Days?

3 hours of attendance at each school. Each building starts and ends at a different time. On the main page, click the phone icon at the very top to see school  contact information and early dismissal times.

How can I see employment vacancies and apply for a job?

On the main page, click job job opportunities icon in the icon bar.

How late is the District Office open?

Daily 8 am-4 pm. Summer and school vacation hours vary.

What is the phone number for:

Mark DeLay: 630.852.0200
Lace: 630.968.2589
EJH: 630.964.5200
District Office: 630.968.7505

Where can I find FOIA information?

Detailed information regarding the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) can be found by clicking this link.

All requests should be emailed to the following address: When sending a request please include the following information:

- The name of the person making the request

- The name of the company/organization the requester is associated with (if applicable)

- The contact information of the person making the request (phone, email, address, etc)

- The date of the request

- Whether the request is for commercial purposes or not

- A detailed description of the information being requested.

Questions regarding FOIA requests can be answered by calling the district office at 630-968-7505.

Does District #61 have a pre-school program?

Yes.  Darien Public Schools District #61 in partnership with the LaGrange Area Department of Special Education (LADSE) provides three special education preschool programs specifically designed to meet the needs of children between the ages of three and five who have special needs. Detailed information, contact personnel, and requirements on the pre-school program can be found under the curriculum heading of the website or clicking here.

Where can I find out about weather related school closings?

The District and all school home pages will be the first to have a pop up front and center if there is a school closing or check  

In the event that schools are closed, due to weather, a decision will be made by 6 a.m. (or sooner, if possible) on the day that the schools will be closed.

Who do I contact about Early Childhood and/or Pre-K program?

Director of Special Services at 630-968-7505.

What ways can I stay connected to Darien District 61?

Check the District and your home school's website daily.
Follow on Twitter follow or our hashtag #d61learns.
Subscribe to our calendars.
Check your Skyward Family Access account.